Sagittarius (Look Out For Astrology Book)




I am currently "updating" my VIDA collection to have coffee mugs/charm jewelry with all of my sign illustrations:





I am starting back up on my astrology book project since this is probably the work most done since taking a hiatus from blogging. The one good thing that has come out of COVID is that I have gotten a chance to complete some of my projects. (This is my creative process by the way- it is kind of "ADHD" because I am on one task and then it is like...oh look...a squirrel. Actually, it is "oh look, another project that demands a lot of attention.") I can start a painting one day, and then get stuck. Randomly, I will come across my project and finish it with more insight five years later...

This is why I hate making "deadlines" and announcements like, "look out for my next book." Even when I titled this post "look out for my next book." 

The irony...

I will attempt to finish this one out. I created images for my VIDA collection so that each sign has a t-shirt available. I want to refurbish my designs from my VIDA collection to make my book's designs different and new. Creatively, I was influenced by two artists for these zodiac designs. For the art illustrations I was influenced by Eric Carle the illustrator childrens' books "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."  I was also influenced by "Gustav Klimt" and I mention it somewhere on this blog. 

The idea was to use somewhat "child-like" illustrations, fun colors, shapes, brushstrokes and dots to keep the eyes attracted to the page. This is not meant to be one of my huge books. I wanted something of a picture book for adults. So that one can easily memorize the characteristics of each zodiac sign.

This should be out before I publish a book that uses astrology in the story. Even when I plan to explain lightly in the actual novel I am writing, I can't go into detail there because it will detract from the pace of my writing. I figured it is better to work on a whole other book and calendar involving my artistic designs and explanations. 

We are on Sagittarius...

Sagittarius Symbol: Archer & Centaur 

Element: Fire Sign

Mode: mutable 

Ruling Planet: Jupiter 

Applies to people born After November 21 and before December 22

One of the things I did look up was "What sign has the most serial killers?" I did this after seeing a Netflix show about one...and...well...

It is you...Sag.

That might be because you are such an "outside the box" thinker, that you can basically ditch the box altogether...your imagination is like Walt Disney. The term "open-minded" covers a lot of bases for this sign. You are willing to explore, in fact, you relish exploration and this is why you will "try everything once." 

You happen to be an "idealist." 

Sag is driven by their philosophies, passions, and ideals. Although this sign is a fire sign (which means they are motivated by passion) they behave like a mix between Aquarius and Gemini. They love to tell long and attention getting stories like a Gemini. They are as studious as an Aquarian. They are great people persons. Able to blend in well in different cultures. For this reason, they are non-judgmental and great conversationalist able to converse about just about anything. Sagittarius is mentally stimulated and will seek out intellectual pursuits, travels, and unique people.

Sagittarius tend to live a bohemian lifestyle. Their restless energy doesn't let them sit still. You will find a sag at every party, social event, or debate...and wonder where all the energy comes from? A Sagittarius will have many pursuits. The "juggling" of many different interests can cause them to look flaky, like big dreamers. Although, the Jupiter happens to be the planet associated with "good luck." The norm is, a Sag might say something that seems like a huge pipe-dream...and the next minute they are actually doing it. 

Sagittarians need to be aware of the phrase, "Jack of trades is able to do all things, but is a master of none." 

The downfall of Sag is that they want to "try everything" at the expense of not getting a lot done with projects they start and never finish. They can network like no other to promote something...and never get around to actually doing it because they would rather keep networking. Finding a good routine, balance, and not "biting off more than they can chew" are all Sagittarius problems. 

Sagittarius Energy:

Go-with-the-flow
Lucky 
Optimistic 
Idealists
Intellectuals
Natural Philosophers 

Sagittarius in Love:

First, a Sagittarius falls in love easily and hard...with lots of people...until they are mature. So stay away from them "young ones" because this type of person, no matter how in love, will want to "explore" when they are young. A twenty year old Sag will not thrive in an early marriage. It will stifle them...and they will be prone to cheating out of the feeling they are "missing out" on exploring other options. They may have other elements in their birth chart that make them easier to pin down while young...but still...even if you did...you will have to "match" their restless energy. 

That is, in order to follow a Sag on their many explorations and travels, you would also want to "see the world." A person who is with a Sag won't want to have a traditional life. Instead of comfort and stability, they trade it for tents...in the wildness...where they explore something like finding a lost Amazon treasure. For this reason Sagittarius is most compatible with air signs like Gemini or Aquarius. They are less compatible with signs that will want traditional situations like a Capricorn, or Taurus. 



Comments

Popular Posts