GUSTAV KLIMT (ARTISTIC INFLUENCE)



GUSTAV KLIMT. FAVORITE ARTIST.




More about my designs...

I recently submitted answers to VIDA's artist interview (that should be out soon.)

Who is your favorite artist?

That's a tough question...

Honestly.

Let's look back and see how my art progressed and which artist influenced it the most...

Wyland. Long Beach. 5 years old.

I popped into his shop on Shoreline Village in California. It was amazing. It felt like this man provided the world with a piece of ocean.

He was painting and I asked if I could paint on his canvas.

I was 5.

This has to be the kindest man alive to be like, "sure."

It was really the first time I felt my art skills were entrusted to be "up there" with this massive successful artist. He had a full gallery. People stood around him in a circle. For a moment I felt the people staring at me.

What a lucky kid!


See Wyland's work here:
http://www.wylandgalleries.com/

Then there was Disneyland...

Let's just say my sincere "it's a small world after-all" attitude towards people comes from using Disneyland as an after-school playground! No wonder I have an attitude of "what the world could be" and strive to get it to a different place than where it is except of accepting harsh realities.

I know, I am sometimes that person that doesn't see a need to panic, why? When you can "wish upon a star" and everything will be just fine.

Of course, Frida Kahlo. The self-portraits...mine will be featured in Vegas Fashion Week...but just look at a Frida painting....and see the similarities?









I was really into Frida at around 12 or 13. I don't know why. I picked up one of her art books to show to my mom. My mom instantly recognized Frida, just like anyone in Latin America instantly knows her. She is like a pop icon at this point (right there with Che t-shirts.) People recognized these iconic images/faces. Yet not many know their stories. I invested time doing a report on Frida and finding out more before the FRIDA movie was made.

It was in Germany that I first saw "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt.



Opps...that is one of my "puppy projects" I meant this art piece:


Something about the way she is being held and protected spoke to what I wanted out of a man. Maybe that is also why I was drawn to "Gone with the Wind" because the pose look the same!

This is the "wrap" inspired to look just like "The Kiss" blanket.  

I am not sure if he is my "favorite of all time." I feel like that changes. It depends where I am at artistically and if I encounter the next artist that takes my breath away...I'm like not that...loyal.

https://shopvida.com/products/gustav-klimt-dress-up





Comments

Popular Posts