Z|B Men's Wear


See and purchase design through this link:


I mentioned early this year that I will start a men's wear collection of silk ties and pocket squares for suits. That is exactly what I have done. Where am I getting my inspiration? What do I want to say with my designs?

For men's wear, especially related to business suits, I like the idea of classic patterns and colors. Obviously, being designed by me, I also take "classic" and give it a more contemporary look. In the red tie (above) I use classic variations of reds with some gold added to create a plaid pattern that appears when one moves the light. Depending on how the light shifts, the pattern on the silk shifts along with it. This gives this tie a mesmerizing appearance. The classic color and use of plaid keep the look clean-cut, professional, but the use of color plays up to a more modern audience that doesn't want to wear a plain red tie.

The next design I called "Azul Waterfall." Azul is the Spanish word for blue, and the cascading white pieces of wave squares in the design look like a waterfall. This design already has customers for the yoga mat...and honestly... that is exactly what I expected. This was made for ocean lovers, men wearing a blue suit somewhere near the ocean. The sentiments behind the design are expressed in the quotes I used in the photos. One quote is from one of my favorite ocean artists, "Wyland." This pattern is a statement piece made to resemble in oceans foaming waves while still remaining confined to a classic plaid pattern. Once again, I attempt a more contemporary version of classic ideas.

Link to silk tie:
https://shopvida.com/products/azul-waterfall-7724





Comments

Popular Posts