The "Famous" Thousands of Butterflies Dress


This dress is getting pretty famous!

I have never had so many fashion blogs come out of the wood work to write about one of my designs like this. 

I may as well write my own post about it.

First, let me tell you it was not easy. This idea had me panicked. When I first thought to create a dress around the idea of " what if thousands of bitty butterflies landing on a person to make a dress?" I must have been a little crazy...or something...because that's not a natural thought when a deadline is just within arm's length.

I did it.

After sitting for hours, on my butt, my knees, and even finding a way to stand...

After eating nothing but coffee and snack-like cracker foods...

After not sleeping and pulling a couple all-nighters...

The big issue is that I am not a "fashion house." I am simply one designer, taking on this big idea with a deadline approaching and other dresses to design...and items I ordered not coming in the mail on time...and freaking out!

I started freaking out. I shut myself away in a room when people started wanting interviews. I didn't want to go out to parties when I was being requested to be a star? 

I remember still painting this on my kitchen table while brushing up on opera to put on a show last-minute. 

When the stress was about to really get me...I was told the deadline is pushed back...

I can breathe now.

I am now responding to all the interview request that came out of the woodwork in music, fashion design, and even some people interested in my book project "Hands."

I was able to make some singing appearances...but I noticed my skin looking dry from excess coffee and looking worn out from not sleeping well...and now I am at the gym...and eating right...and getting ready for the red carpet. The blogging about what I am doing to get "red carpet ready" will come! 

Comments

  1. How gorgeous!

    I'm not by any means an expert on fashion design, but I am an amateur seamstress. I make costumes as a hobby, and I cannot imagine the amount of work this must've taken for you! I'm in the middle of a project with some very finicky embroidery, so I'm constantly stabbing my poor fingers, haha. This must've taken so much patience. Are there any photos of it on a model? It's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts